Website usage Terms and Conditions
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE OR SERVICES OR BY SELLING OR PURCHASING A WORK ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES OR BY POSTING ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES.
If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
It is illegal to reproduce unlicensed trademarks or logos associated with Stillarte without prior permission. The exclusive use and reproduction of such images lie solely with the legal owners. However, trademarks and logos can be used for promotional activity such as to advertise the Stillarte brand or artists’ work on sale. In addition, unlicensed copyrighted material, i.e. work by artists, photographers, authors and writers used by Stillarte cannot be reproduced without prior permission.
Privacy, security and confidentiality are important to Stillarte. The following terms and conditions endeavour to make the website a safe place to trade. By using the website, you therefore agree to the following terms and conditions.
By using the Stillarte website and when purchasing goods from the Stillarte website, your contract is with ‘Stillarte’, a sole proprietorship.
- You agree that email will be used as the standard means of communication. When your order is being processed by Stillarte, you will be notified by the email address you have supplied.
- This confirmation email will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your purchase.
- Stillarte does not store any credit card information, nor will we pass any of your personal information, including credit or debit card information to any third party.
- Stillarte currently uses Paypal for online credit and debit clearing.
- You understand that all details which you provide to use for the purpose of ordering goods are correct, that the Paypal account you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of your order.
- Please refer to our ‘Returns’ section for information on what items are eligible for returns / refunds.
You may purchase Original Works of Art and printed works that are listed on the Stillarte website. When you purchase such an Original Work of Art through the Stillarte website, you are purchasing the work from Stillarte and not from the Member identified on the listing for such work. Prices for all items on display on the Stillarte website will be as specified on the applicable listing. You acknowledge that prices do not include postage and handling charges or applicable Taxes, if any, for which you are responsible and which will be separately identified on your receipt. Stillarte and/or its third party service providers will collect your billing and shipping information and process your payment. For original artwork and limited edition prints the Artist identified on the listing will ship the purchased work directly to you. The terms and conditions of Stillarte ‘s then current Delivery and Return Policy apply to any Original Works of Art and limited edition prints that you purchase through the Stillarte website. When you purchase open edition prints through the Stillarte website, Stillarte and its third party service providers will collect your billing and shipping information, process your payment and ship the Printed Works directly to you. The terms and conditions of Stillarte ‘s then Delivery and Return Policy apply to any open edition prints that you purchase through the Stillarte website.
Stillarte reserves the right to cancel any order for an Original Work of Art or Printed Work placed via the Stillarte website if Stillarte determines, in its sole discretion, that the item is mispriced, out of stock, discontinued, or otherwise unavailable at the price listed via the Stillarte website. If Stillarte cancels an order placed via the Stillarte website, Stillarte will send you an email confirmation of such cancellation and you will not be charged for your order.
- Stillarte aims to dispatch all open edition printed goods within 5 working days of confirmation that the payment for your order has been accepted as they are printed to order. All deliveries within the United Kingdom and abroad are via Royal Mail or other Courier services.
- Stillarte aims to dispatch all limited edition prints and original artworks within 10-15 working days of confirmation that the payment for your order has been accepted. This may vary as the goods will be dispatched from the artists themselves and you will be promptly informed of any delays. All deliveries of limited editions prints and original artworks are via signed for, insured Courier services.
- Delivery is charged at different rates depending on size and weight of the order. Please see our shipping rates section.
- Postage charges to different countries are clearly stated during the checkout process.
- Other delivery options, such as a signed-for service or postal tubes, may be available for customers to opt-in to for an additional price. If unsure, please email us or add it as a request to your order.
- For international deliveries you may be subject to import duties and/or taxes. You understand that any and all charges of this nature will be your responsibility.
- Stillarte may supply a Customs Label containing a brief description and a valuation of the parcel’s contents.
- If you’re not satisfied with the goods you’ve purchased, you may return them in their original condition and safely packaged within 10 days of receipt to avoid damage in transit for which you will be responsible. You can reuse the original packaging provided it is not damaged.
- An email is first required before returning the product(s), stating your Name, Address, Order number, reason for the return and whether you would like a refund or exchange.
- Stillarte recommends a safe delivery method with a signature on receipt and recorded delivery, as we cannot accept responsibility for products lost in the post. The responsibility for the product(s) is yours until we receive it.
- Unless the product is damaged or we have made a mistake with the order, it is your responsibility to cover the costs of returning any product(s) to us.
- Once we have received the product(s) in their original condition, if a refund is requested, we will let you know and process a refund to the account originally charged within 15 working days of receipt. Unfortunately, we will not reimburse the cost of the initial postage fee. If you are exchanging, unless there was a mistake on our behalf, we will charge additional post and packaging costs for this new delivery.
- You do not need to return any damaged item unless requested by us. If you have received a damaged product, we will require a clear photo of the damaged product and packaging to be emailed to us within 10 days of receiving it. A replacement will then be shipped within the same timescale as the original order, at no additional charge to you.
- Original artwork is sold as described on the Stillarte website and, therefore, cannot be returned unless proven to be defective.
- Additionally, please note that:
- Stillarte is not responsible for undelivered returns.
- Additional shipping fees may apply for international returns.
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and post the new version on the website. When we do so, we will mention the fact on this T&C page. All purchases from the date of posting onwards will be governed by the amended terms and conditions.
- Stillarte aims to ensure that the information available on the website at any one time is true and accurate but cannot guarantee that it will be error-free. Stillarte is not liable if your computer becomes infected with a virus – the website is maintained to the best possible standard, but we cannot guarantee you won’t be susceptible.
- Stillarte does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- Stillarte will do its best to correct errors and omissions as reasonably and quickly as possible after being notified of them.
- Stillarte makes no representations about the fitness for a particular purpose of any of the products or services available on this website.
- Stillarte does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use of the website or for any products or services purchased from the website.
- Stillarte will only be liable for direct loss (save in the case of death or personal injury in respect of which there is no limit) up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of the claim.
- This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and Stillarte relating to your purchase. You are responsible for reading all information in these terms and conditions fully. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and other terms remain.
- All material is Copyright © Stillarte. All rights reserved. It is strictly prohibited to copy, republish or redistribute any of the material and software contained in the Stillarte website.
- You understand and agree that Stillarte uses commercially reasonable efforts to display the colours of Original Works of Art, Digital Works and Printed Works accurately via the Stillarte website. However, because individual computer monitors may display colours differently, Stillarte is not responsible for the colour accuracy of any item displayed on the Stillarte website and disclaims all liability in this regard.
Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in England. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales